Ralph F. Rohr established Rohr’s Nursery in 1958.
Ralph left crop farming and started offering lawn and garden retail. Rohr’s opened its first location on Everhard Road, situated on what used to be the Rohr family farm. In 1990, the family-run nursery and garden center decided to expand, to what is now the Portage location.
Ralph Rohr’s dream has been carried out through generations; first with his children and now with his grandchildren. Today, fourth generation great-grandchildren are old enough to work during summer vacations.
The Rohr family hopes Ralph’s dream will continue to touch future Rohr generations.